Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cool Cucumbers

Another healthy snack for my lil' ones to munch on.... cool Japanese cucumbers. I normally cut some cool cucumbers for us to munch when I have a heaty dish on my menu like pan-fried tempeh, homemade chicken nuggets or pan-fried fish. The cool cucumbers help to chill-out the body and help keep sore-throat at bay.



Sherilyn my lil' greens lover can even gobble up 1 whole baby cucumber all by herself.

7 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

do you serve your cucumber plain?

i do mine like pickled ones. I put vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper, it's yummy!

Chinneeq said...

thanks for the great idea. was thinking wat else i can give to qiqi besides cherry tomatoes..

Anonymous said...

I love pickled cucumber if it's eaten with noodle. Yummy!

Leena said...

i like cucumber with a tiny bit of soya sauce. plain is healthy for kids, stick to it. hehe

Health Freak Mommy said...

I love pickled cucumber with vinegar, salt, sugar & some red chillies too.
I normally serve the cucumbers plain & cool :)

Mom's The Cook said...

oooo...i should give it a try. hopefully mine won't puke them out ;D

Anonymous said...

Oh..! how i wished chloe would eat cucumbers too..! luckily for us.. she eats all kinds of fruits.. though..!