Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Home-cooked food


Yesterday we had deep fried caterpillars for dinner and they tasted so good. We loved them so much that we licked the platter clean. Look at the pic above, don't they look appetizing?

Gob-smacked, shocked? What on earth is Health Freak Mommy feeding her kids with? Has you gone crazy from an overdoze of blogging? Gotcha... I was just kidding! Don't they look like fried caterpillars or some exotic bugs that you see on Fear Factor?

Those are pan-fried fish roe. I love them but my gals don't really fancy them but still eats them. Normally my maid and I would feast on them. Good source of protein and just one of the perfect food for an Atkin's follower.

7 comments:

Mom's The Cook said...

Shocking....hahaha..hey, you are into Atkins too? Hubby and I used to and we lost a lot of weight the first time. I think the 2nd or 3rd time around, can't really lose a lot of weight. Now I'm also on diet but a different kind...will post about this later :D

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

fuiyooooo looks yummy!! i love anything fried, haha

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mum to Ashley... i used to follow strictly the Atkin's diet but now, i'm a bit more relaxed coz my weight is under control. I still eat desserts & anything I fancy but in reduced portion & most importantly, i exercise.

Mommibee... i love fried food too, i know not healthy so i take them once in a while.

Leena said...

when i read the first para, i went eeeww! wtf.
but then fish row is still eeew eeww for me. anythin that looks dodgy is way out of my menu. nice meh?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Leena... i like it only if they are pan-fried. Looks dodgy & gross but tastes good :)

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

hhhmmm i knew by looking at it that it was fish roe, the reason? well i love fried fish roe too ^_^

Chinneeq said...

oh...my favourite too!!!