Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, June 4, 2007

My Favourite Hawkers' Food

As I was craving for hawkers' food yesterday, DH went to pack some of my favourites from a famous corner coffee shop in Paramount, PJ.

My all-time favourite... fish paste stuffed in bitter gourd, ladies' fingers, tofu, brinjal, fried wanton skin and fried tofu skin with sweet bean paste sauce.


Another sinful favourite... chee cheong fun (flat rice noodles) with har koa sauce (thick prawn paste sauce). Damn tasty but not that healthy lar.


DH's favourite... spicy fried koay teow with cockles.


Egg tart and chicken pie... this chinese style chicken pie has a special sweet brown crunchy crust on top (don't quite know what stuff that is) which makes the pie distinctively different from the rest. I once can scoff down 3 at one go but now I try really hard to limit the portion. When I was pregnant, my mil used to buy this pie for me every week when she went to the market.


So do these sinful grub make you slobber as well? They still do, as I am typing this post now :)

8 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

yummy! now im drooling ^_^

Mamapumpkin said...

Darn! I am hungry right now and you reminded me of all the sinful delights. It is 1am la....Must go SS2 this weekend to eat.

Blur Mommy said...

wah.. this is tortureleh!!!!
All I have today is ham sandwich! : ( I like the claypot rice at one of the coffee shop in Paramount Garden.

Leena said...

i had chee cheong fun and egg tart too.. how nice horr.. the best egg tart i had is still from the famous seremban siew pow's shop in seremban. should be famous for sellin egg tarts and not char siew pau.

but here in kl, all the seremban siew pau stalls sell those 'plain-nothin-special-cannot-make-it egg tarts.

jazzmint said...

wah i like egtarts hehe

mommy of 3 angels said...

i think i know which shop leh...why no tapau the curry mee also...salivating**

mommy of 3 angels said...

i think i know which shop u referring to...why u didn't tapau the curry mee too!! **salivating now**

cairo's mommy said...

wah so cruel... all the stuff dat i like but cant really get (nice ones) in spore :(