Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sherilyn Fell Off The Bed

Sherilyn gave daddy and mummy a big scare early this morning when she rolled off our masterbed and landed on the parquet floor with a loud thud. After both the gals had finished their milk, Alycia went back to sleep while Sherilyn, as usual, climbed onto our bed and slept next to daddy. I then went into the bathroom to have a quick scrub and left the bathroom door ajar. Minutes later, I heard a loud thud. I quickly opened the bathroom door and saw my poor Sherilyn on the floor wailing her lungs out and daddy sprung out from bed to pick Sherilyn up and soothed her. I then ran out from the bathroom, with water still dripping down my wet body and hugged my poor baby. Mummy's hug and comfort seemed to subdue her a little and thank God, minutes later, Sherilyn stopped crying and was her normal self again. Till now, there's still no vomitting and she is as hyperactive and cheeky as usual and eating like normal.

This is the 2nd time Sherilyn had fallen off the bed. Last year when she was 12 months old, she fell off Auntie Connie's bed when we stayed there after our house was submerged in flood water. We brought her to the hospital as I'd thought she had broken her nose coz she landed face down on the floor and there was a light bruise mark on her nose. She survived that minor accident without any injuries too. Then a few months later, she was hit by a swing when she darted across a boy on a fast moving swing at the park. Again, she miraculously survived that accident though she almost gave me a heart attack when I saw her covered with mud. Months later, she broke her left thumb when it got squashed by a steel door. I also had a near miss heart seizure.

Well, toddlers are made to be resilient, aren't they? That's the wonder of God's works.

7 comments:

Chinneeq said...

my goodness, i hope Sherilyn is alright. I m always afraid to let qiqi sleeps on the bed. Best on mattress, safer :)

Anonymous said...

Bummer..!! hope she is better now..!

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

she's one tough sweet cookie. thank goodness she's fine. wow the swing accident must've been something, i can imagine the impact! and her left thumb ... poor girl!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

oh no! good she's ok, and nothing serious happened.

Anonymous said...

the good thing about kids is they know how to fall by letting their body loose.

Leena said...

oh no. :: kiss kiss sherilyn::
kids always fall when we least expect it. nevermind. old people said fall can make them grow.

LZmommy said...

Glad to know that she's fine :)