Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Toys That Sharpen The Mind





SIL#3 bought this educational toy from New Zealand for the gals months back but it's only recently that I have brought out this toy for them to play. I have a cupboard full of new toys, books, colour pencils and stickers that my sils had bought the gals and I release them bit by bit.



For this toy, someone must sit with the child to guide her with it. It's both educational and fun. Alycia can sit with me for almost an hour to play with this toy but Sherilyn will be messing up the blocks. Anyway, Sherilyn has learnt some of the shapes through playing with this toy. Now, both Alycia and Sherilyn know the basic shapes like circle, square, heart, oval, star, diamond, semi-circle, crescent, pentagon and rectangle. They can pronounce octagon and hexagon but can't tell which is which.

1 comment:

jazzmint said...

wahh...i think Sherilyn is very much ahead of Faythe in terms of shapes...faythe most of the time jumble up the squares and triangles