Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Homecooked Dish



This delicious chicken dish is yet another of my mil's recipe. It's chicken braised with fermented black bean or 'tau si' in Cantonese (we use organic ones) and Bombay onions.

Ingredients:
Chicken
Fermented black beans or 'tau si' (around 2 tbsps)
2 -3 medium-size Bombay onions
Some ground black pepper

Method:
Heat wok with oil and fry Bombay onions until fragrant.
Add in the chicken and fry for another 15-20 mins.
Add in the fermented black beans and black pepper and cook for another 5 mins.
No need to add salt as the fermented black beans are very salty.

2 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Oh no...this is making my tummy growl. I love 'tau si' :)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hey, tagged you - http://chumsyashley.blogspot.com/2007/09/my-most-embarrasing-moment.html