Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, September 29, 2007

New Blog Coming Up Soon...

I finally signed up for my own domain yesterday and today, I have been busy setting up my new blog. I must really thank this wonderful mummy for offering her help to me. Already busy with 2 kids (and one arriving anytime), she has time and again offered to help me and kept reminding me about my new blog coz when her baby pops out, she will not be able to help me.

As I've got no experience with WordPress, everything about WP looks so alien to me. It doesn't help that I'm an IT retard and today being a Saturday, I have 2 hyperactive kids at home, tugging at me and wanting my attention all the time.

The most difficult thing about setting up own domain is the FTP file thingy. It is so complicated (well, at least to me coz I'm IT challenged) but Elaine has been so patient with me and helpful to me. I gave up half way through with the FTP file thing and Elaine offered to help me with it as well as to put up all the affiliate codes and what nots on my blog's sidebar. Later, she'll teach me step by step how to update my blog. Isn't she wonderful?

I'll be busy with my new blog for the next few days and I don't think I'll have time to accept offers from advertisers. If I've not dropped by your blog yet, I hope you'll understand.

Till then... I'll be unveiling my new blog to everyone very soon. Finally, I have my very own blog, a dot com blog and no longer a free subdomain blog, yay!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff..!! congrats ya..!! have own paid domain/blog is way better.. :) no need to worry about losing all those precious data.. ;)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

cant wait to see your new blog :D Elaine is indeed a wonderful friend.

Mamapumpkin said...

Congratulations! You finally took the plunge. Or rather, you finally decided to FLY!!!! Be prepared that your new blog starts from ground zero with advertisers all over again ;-) but no sweat, as very soon they'll be rushing to you with offers!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

cograts, i can't wait to see your new blog.

Chinneeq said...

Finally u got it done. Can't wait to see yur new blog soon :)

Unknown said...

congra with your new domain blog, cant wait to see it now....hehe, my domain is almost 7 months lu...

chanelwong said...

looking fw to see your new blog using own domain...

Mariuca said...

Oh dear, Wordpress is alien to me too! I just cannot comprehend! So it's good that ur friend is helping u out with ur new site, good luck! :):):)

Genie Princess

slavemom said...

Got open house or not? ;)