Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Peace Finally

Alycia has been really cranky, whiny, emotional and edgy for the whole day today. She was practically bawling, whining and making impossible whims every hour she's awake during the day. She didn't want me to read to her, draw with her, write with her or put on her favorite DVD. Finally, I turned on the TV and switched to channel 77 on Home and Health, her favorite channel and voila..... her mouth shut instantaneously and she calmed herself down. There was a program on plastic surgery and now a documentary on parenting. The gals are now watching the program intently as I explain to them what's going on. They just love this channel. The idiot box is sometimes my life saviour when all else fails.

6 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

learning about plastic surgery already ? LOL

Unknown said...

You did all you can do. But desperate times call for desperate measures. If it has to be TV, then TV it is.

Cherry said...

Such an advanced topic for your children :).

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

wow! and I thought kids are very much into cartoons!

kerry said...

Sure hope Alycia's feeling much much more better already. I've tagged you, http://thesoons.blogspot.com/2007/09/only-truth_7286.html

slavemom said...

Is Aly fully recovered oredi? Wow.. she sure does throw tantrums when she's not well. 1st time I hear a toddler's fav channel is 77. hehehe