Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Amniocentesis

I have been pondering back and forth if I should do the Amnio test which is scheduled for in 2 weeks' time. I've had a sleepless night last night weighing the pros and cons and thinking about all the 'what ifs'. My gynae told me that the risk of a miscarriage resulting from the Amnio is the same as the risk of giving birth to a Down Syndrome baby. It's really a 'between the devil and the deep blue sea' decision for me and I just can't make this decision.

It would be good if I get to hear real life stories and experiences from mothers who had gone through an Amnio and I'd appreciate anyone sharing their stories with me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was 39 yrs old when i had chloe.. and i didn't do the test.. because the doctor didn't recommend it.. as i was healthy.. and baby looked alright .. to him. And the changes of DS .. is slim.. and like you said.. miscarriages is common. I rather not take that kinda risk.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm a fan of your blog and have been reading your blog for a few months now. If you will keep the baby no matter what, don't bother with test. It is not 100% accurate. My friend did it and the test was positive, she had a sad and worrisome pregnancy throughout but in the end the baby turned out normal.

i will pray for you and your baby. Trust God! He will watch over you and the baby

Health Freak Mommy said...

Anonymous... thanks for giving my blog the much needed support.
I'm not sure if i want to keep an abnormal baby, that's why I'm keen on the Amnio but then, I fear the risk of miscarriage too. I'll be seeing my gynae again today and I'll see what he has to say.
Thanks for the prayers! Wish I know who you are :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there, my name is Claire and I'm Malaysian too. Been living in Singapore, Beijing and currently Hong Kong for the past 10 years. My baby girl Emma is 10 months old.

I think your two gals are really pretty and smart. You're a great mom!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Anonymous... I have 2 sils living in Hong Kong too. I wonder if you know them :)

Anonymous said...

healthfreakmummy,

my email address is clairekewster@gmail.com. you can email me here. there'a a SEA mummies' group here. I wonder if they are already a member. all the mommies are mostly malaysians and singaporeans. we have gatherings, dinners, movies, playdates for kids...

Will continue to pray for you and baby...