Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Nuchal Translucency Scan

Today, my gynae did a Nuchal Translucency scan on my baby. Everything looked fine but the baby's kidney looked slightly dilated. There could be a blockage somewhere that prevents the urine from flowing. My heart was just crushed when my gynae told me that. I could see the baby sucking its thumb and it was very active and moving around. I would have to go back for another NT scan next week to check the bb's kidney again. My dr said that in some babies, the problem is transient and during subsequent scans, the kidney would look normal in size again BUT if the problem is still there, then I'd need to do an Amnio test to check the chromosomes. My mind is blank now - I can only pray to God that he will have mercy on this baby.

3 comments:

MamaJo said...

I will pray for you....

Anonymous said...

You take care.. and stay positive..! when i was having chloe.. they sure made me do all the unnecessary tests saying.. they suspect this and that..! i guess they are just be extra careful.. ! so donch you worry.. everything will turn out fine..! our prayers are with you .. :) *hugs*

Leena said...

::pat pat shireen::

you'll be in my prayers, God will see you through..