Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

We've Chosen Yet Another Indon Maid

I've just returned from the new maid agency's office (run by Alycia's classmate's parents). Looking at the bio datas of the available maids, we finally selected an Indon maid who looks pleasant and matured. She indicated her age as 26 years old in the bio data but I doubt that's her real age as she looks like she's in her late 30s or early 40s. Anyway, looks are very deceiving and can reveal very little about a person, based on my experience with my previous maids. This maid has had 2 years of experience as a domestic maid in Singapore. At least, I don't have to teach her from scratch the basic household chores. She also indicated in her resume that she has high school qualification which I'm quite happy as I prefer to have a maid who's more educated.

Well, I'm just praying that she'll fit in and meet my simple requirements. We have to wait for at least 3 months for the maid to arrive, which means that she'll only arrive earliest mid January 2008. Luckily my current maid has agreed, albeit quite reluctant to extend her service for another 1 month. My hubby has promised to give her a bonus for agreeing to stay on. And guess how much we have to pay all in for this new maid? Close to RM7k and that includes the agency fee of RM3,600 (agency fee would be RM4,300 for a Cambodian maid), 6 months advance salary for the maid at RM500 per month and some miscellaneous charges. As a goodwill gesture (since we are from the same neighborhood and his son is Alycia's classmate), we didn't have to pay the RM280 insurance for the maid.

One worry off my mind now.

4 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

glad to hear that you finally found a maid, an experienced one too :D that's a lot of money to pay upfront eh?

MamaJo said...

wow...nowadays, paying for maid is not cheap huh?? but, it can reduce our housechore mah...

Leena said...

a whoooooopin 7k for a maid now? hope she's worth it. maids now are freakin exp lor. my maid just went home for raya for 3 weeks. really hope she'll come back.

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

oh i'm glad that you already found a maid.