Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Blind Leading The Blind



This was the homework that Alycia's Mandarin class teacher gave her last week. I could not read most of the words there, especially the instructions. As I could recognize a few words (water and hand), I figured that Alycia was supposed to complete the missing stroke for each word. So I ended up spending 15 minutes going through the previous pages to find the words and fill up the missing strokes. It's really a case of the blind leading the blind. I think I should ask Alycia's teacher to write the instructions in English in future so that I know what she's supposed to do. As for teaching her the words, I think I need to get myself a chinese pictionary with 'han yi pin yi' !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe!! i'm just as bad.. ;)

chanelwong said...

i am worst...banana

Unknown said...

Last time I also had this problem..as a mum don't read chinese character it's very hard to teach our kids at home.I use to ask help from my mum.:)

Bits said...

Hi Shireen, dont give up, practise makes perfect.One of the way to improve yourself is to get those chinese story books with pin yin so that you can pronounce it and recognize the word. Pelangi has a lot of handy chinese books. Good luck!