Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Double-Boiled Apple Juice



Upon the advice of Aly and Sher's former babysitter, I double-boiled some apples with honey date and snow fungus to 'yun' my body and to nourish my dry and peeling skin. I used 3 medium-sized apples, 1 honey date, 1 handful of snow fungus and added 3 small bowls of water and double-boiled the concoction for almost 3 hours. The juice was really sweet and fragrant and both Sherilyn and I loved it. As for Alycia, she hated it and drank the juice as if she were drinking some bitter medicine and even pinched her nose when she gulped it down. I shall be double-boiling some pears tomorrow and hopefully she will like it this time.

5 comments:

Chinneeq said...

i almost forgot this dish liao. Used to cook it last time. But Shireen, y u oni use one honey date? I used half a packet last time.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chin Nee... half a packet? Wouldnt that be a tad too sweet? Coz the juice from the apple is already very sweet, plus I cannot tolerate sweet stuff now.
You know, I even make 'hoong tau sar' (red bean paste) w/o putting any sugar in it!

Unknown said...

a good idea,but like your kids,I also don't really like it.I think it's kind of like "geli".I'm sure it's very 'yun".I will give it a try one day.

Anonymous said...

i cook them in my crockpot.. ;)
Must remember to buy snow fungus the next time.. ;)

Unknown said...

this is the one u recommended to me, right??? emmm, will try to boil it and try.