Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pregnancy Problems

My 2 previous pregnancies were not smooth sailing and so is this pregnancy. Apart from the terrible varicose veins sprouting out on my legs which Sherilyn calls them "monster legs", I have itchy, dry and peeling skin. Now, I have gums that bleed easily. When I was pregnant with Alycia, my sensitive and bleeding gums were so bad that I had developed a big lump on my gum called 'pregnancy tumour'. Yes I know it sounds serious, like it's something malignant, but it's just a medical term for it. After delivering Alycia, the lump miraculously subsided. Now, another lump is slowly forming and I have to be really careful and gentle when I brush my teeth, else my gums would bleed easily.

Apart from sensitve gums, I also have nose that bleeds easily during each of my pregnancy. Now, picture how I look and do you not think I really look like a monster? Sherilyn is so right. Mummy indeed looks like a monster - legs with ugly protruding purple veins, a face with zits (oh how I miss my porcelain smooth flawless skin), skin that's dry and peeling, a pregnancy tumour in my gums and a huge belly that Alycia calls "balloon tummy".

I just can't wait for April 08 to arrive. I can't wait to see and cuddle my baby and I just can't wait to get rid of all these pregnancy problems that's plaguing me now. Most of all, I just can't wait to start jogging and exercising on my fitball again. How I miss working out and sweating it out every morning.

5 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hats off to you Shireen, for being such a tough mommy. You really endure many hardships to bring your babies into this world. Your girls are so blessed to have such a GREAT mommy :D *hugs*

Anonymous said...

No lah..! donch think that way..! i'm sure your hubby tells you .. you are the most beautiful ... ;) April will soon come.. *hugs*

Unknown said...

Poor mummy!feel so bad to hear this happen to you.Try to drink lots of water and vitamin c fruits.Take care.

MamaJo said...

Don't worry, time flies fast without you realising it....Yeah, previously, when I preggie, I do have nose bleeding too - till my pillow or clothes got stain from the blood....

Bits said...

yeah! Time will flies and April will come very soon! Just be a little bit more patient!