Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Varicose Veins


The varicose veins on my legs are becoming worse. Whenever I get up from a sitting or lying position, I can feel an immediate heavy pressure and pain on my left leg. It feels as if the veins are about to rupture. It's so bad that I have to either sit down immediately or raise my leg on a chair to remove the pressure on my leg. I know it's only going to get worse as my pregnancy progresses and the baby gets heavier. Sherilyn calls my legs 'mummy's monster legs!'

7 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow..that's pretty bad eh? 'monster legs' is cute :D

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow..that's pretty bad eh? 'monster legs' is cute :D

Unknown said...

Oh!Do you feel the pain?I don't have this kind of experience.is there anything that you can stop this?Try not to walk or stand too much ok.

Anonymous said...

Oh my..! you poor thing..! i hope it doesn't hurt too too bad.. :(
I'm glad i didn't have this . .when I was having chloe.

Bits said...

Oh gosh! When I looked at it, I can feel the pain. Take more rest!

Yling said...

Helo healthfreakmommy,

may I know if you're given any medication for the varicose veins during pregnancy? Thanks.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Yling, no meds but I wore a special stockings at nite. That helps a little. After giving birth, the VV eased but there are still some fine visible purplish greenish veins on my leg up until today. You can get the stocking from pharmacies.