Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Mandarin Enrichment Class



Last week Alycia’s Mandarin enrichment class teacher gave her a Mickey Mouse pencil. When she came home, she happily and excitedly showed me the pencil and asked me to sharpen the pencil for her. Then she quickly took out her Mandarin workbooks and started doing her homework without being told to. Little gift like this can really motivate a young child to work, amazing!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I were just watching a Youtube clip on how impressive Australian's newly elect PM, Kevin Rudd's mandarin is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN42pk7eozk

It has literally erased any second doubts my husband has on putting our kid through a chinese school in the future.

Ms One Boobie said...

Now.. if only chloe can get motivated this way. .;) i'm gonna try.. thanks for sharing.. :)

Vickylow said...

The teacher really good to motivate her student haha.

Hazel said...

your daughter so pretty and cute

Health Freak Mommy said...

Momadiary... I am very impressed with Kevin Rudd's fluency in Mandarin too. All his kids know Mandarin too. Really put me to shame.

Hazel... thanks for the compliment.