Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Baby C @ 2 Months Old



Baby C turned 2 months old on 9 June 08. Her weight is now 4.9kg, which is an increase of more than 1kg per month. Her birth weight was 2.75kg. Baby C is now trying to flip over and is always on her side trying to push herself over, whenever she is awake. Therefore, it is not safe to leave her alone on the bouncinet anymore, not even for a short while. She also loves being sang to and talked to and she is always trying to immitate me by cooing "aaar...o" whenever I say 'hello' to her! She will smile to me whenever she sees me smiling to her or talking / singing to her.

Baby C is still breastfed exclusively and she is latched on to my breast almost the whole night... and sleeping under my armpit! As she's most likely going to be on maintenance antibiotics for several years for a suspected Kidney Reflux problem, our paed said that it's best to breastfeed her to strengthen her immune system. It is also not advisable to bring her to crowded places. My hubs has even suggested that we should not bring her to the church until she's stronger. Looks like I will be in prison for the next few months. I can't even bring her out shopping, unless it's on a non-school holiday weekday, early in the morning where there are very few people in the shopping malls. Apart from having a suspected Kidney Reflux (which we will need to send her for an MCUG test to confirm the diagnosis next month), Baby C is otherwise a healthy and happy baby.

6 comments:

Niya prakash said...

Hello Baby C


Glad to know about that you're growing up...imitating your darling mom, listening songs from your sisters.....,,

God bless

Mommy to Chumsy said...

ahhhh...Baby C is soooo chubby!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Baby C is so chubby and cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute..! Happy 2 months old.. Cassie. :)

Anonymous said...

My daughter was misserable for the first 2 weeks. She would not take her mother's milk and only marginally took the formula. Turns out she was suffering terribly from acid reflux. She continually cried those first 2 weeks because her acid reflux was so bad. The only relief seemed to come when we would hold her upright for extended periods. Finally we were urged to put her on a "pre-digested" protien formula. I believe it was called "Alumentum". Later we also discovered that she was lactose intolerant. Immediately upon trying the new formula, she was a changed baby. She stopped crying and honestly became the happiest baby I've ever seen. In fact I don't recall her ever waking up in the middle of the night crying after that. Now she is 12 years old, and although she no longer suffers from acid reflux, she does remain lactose intolerant.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Momotip... BB C has kidney reflux, not acid reflux. I believe KR is a far more serious problem than AR.