Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cassandra's Meds



These are Baby C's 1 month supply of antibiotics from the hospital. Don't know why this HUKM has to prescribe us with meds that are so tedious to prepare. In the past, I was only prescribed with 1 bottle of antibiotics that can last Baby C 1 month. But for this particular brand and type of antibiotics, each bottle of meds can only last 1 week, after which I will have to discard the remaining meds.



The tedious part is preparing the meds. Notice the 2 lines marked in red on the bottle? First, I have to pour water to the first level marked red. Then I have to stir the powder and have them dissolved, which took me quite some time to stir the powder to dissolve them. Next, I have to pour water again to the next level marked in red..... and I will have to do this every week for God knows how long. The most tedious and challenging part is feeding Baby C the meds. Though I am dead tired at the end of the day, each evening, I have to carry Baby C with one hand and feed her the meds drop by drop with the other hand. I also have to carry her round the house, dance with her, sing to her and find new things each day to distract her so that she will not puke. Please Lord, please heal Cassandra from her Kidney Reflux and spare her from all the pain, trauma and discomfort ASAP.

No comments: