Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sherilyn Polished Off Baby C's Formula



This can of Enfalac A+ was bought exactly 4 months ago, just before Baby C was born and it was only finished last week. Baby C only drank the formula once or twice a day for the first few days of her life and thereafter, it was mummy's milkie all the way till today. I had kept it for about 2 months, just in case Baby C needed it to supplement her intake of mummy's milkie but thankfully, she never liked it anymore. She does not even want the milk bottle anymore. Now, I have a surplus of 4-ounce Avent milk bottles. I wonder if Baby C would ever want the milk bottle in future, when she's weaned off my boops.

Instead of discarding the formula, I discreetly put it into Sherilyn's milk bottle. Since the taste of newborn formula taste a tad wierd, I added a teaspoon of Milo Gold to her bottle and she polished off the entire 7 ounces each time I fixed her a bottle. Luckily she did not discover the wierd taste, else I would have to discard the expensive can of baby formula.

6 comments:

slavemom said...

My boy not so easily tricked. He was given Isomil (in the hosp) during his vomiting n diarrhea episode but he nvr liked it. I added some Milo in it and he still refused to drink. Maybe the milk really taste weird.

Niya prakash said...

Hi shireen

Thanks a lot for the lovely comment. Muffin photo and recipe I got from our neighbourhood baker. His daughter-in-law's my friend. The other day I made bread pudding, it came out well and I posted also. ( Title- Home made bread pudding ). Like you we're also health freak. So once in a month only baking. We've to add butter, sugar....then burn calories. Normal food's chapati,dal and vegetable curies.

Lee said...

Hi, can see you one creative mommy. Ya kids can be rather fussy where food is concerned...but with a bit of psychology and tricks and imagination like yours, no problemos, they enjoy, ha ha.
You keep well and have a great weekend, Lee.

LHS said...

the milk powder can be opened more than 1 month?? no expired?

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hey shireen, would drinking milo cause heatiness?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb... i believe Milo would cause heatiness but I only put 1/2 a teaspoon to 3/4 teaspoon of Milo into her 7-ounce milk, just for taste to whet her tastebud.