Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Call Me Cheh Cheh, Aunty Not

I was jogging the other morning when I saw a toddler around 14 - 16 months. He was also jogging with his grand dad on the road. When the baby boy saw me, he called me "cheh cheh". Hahaha..... the baby called me "cheh cheh" wor, not "aun-tee" wor! Words that come out from a kid's mouth are often very genuine yer know. My head was sooooo heavy that I felt I was about to trip and fall LOL! Many people were often in disbelief when they found out that I have 3 kids, ahem! My former boss once told me that I can even pass off as a teenager! I must thank my parents' 'young look' genes for both my parents look very young for their age too.

Do kids call you cheh cheh or aun-tee?

6 comments:

凯妈 said...

I had been called 'aunty' when I was 18 years old. OMG! but i am not that aunty look la...haha!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

yes, you don't look like you have 3kids at all. Still a sweet, young thing who look like 18 :D

i get called AUNTIE all the time :(

MamaJo said...

Ha,ha...you better appreciate that kind of moment, as times fly quick....Everyone that see me, don't believe I'm mom of 2 boys.....he,he....they even tho I'm kidding and are elder sis to my sons :P

Family First said...

Sure been an "aunty" way before I got married even! Now after a son, I look more like a maid than a mom even! Sad.

Anonymous said...

After I lost my 50lbs, I am also called a cheh-cheh! B4 that was aunty! Abj's classmate asked him whether I'm his sis. Once DH's patient asked whether I'm his daughter!! I was over the moon but not DH!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Vivian.... being called aunty at 18yo? Sure or not? Anyway, some women are already mothers at 18 yo :)

Barb.... nvm lar, as long as you are still sweet to hubby, it's enough :)

Mamajo... yes, u do look young!

Family First.... haha, see what motherhood can do to our image!

Sheela.... WOW, daughter to your hubby? Your hubby must be so flattered. I bet you both couldn't sleep that night, haha!