Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, September 13, 2008

That's Why I Can't Lose Weight

.... whenever my mil is around coz she cooks too many appetizing dishes for dinner.... and if I wanna lose weight, dinner should be the lightest meal of my day but how can I resist not touching those mouth-watering dishes that she cooks everyday?

The other day, hubby's aunty came over for dinnner and my mil (always the good host) cooked 7 dishes! Oh boy, I was already drooling away even before dinner was served. The aroma of the dishes that wafted from the kitchen could just throw anyone who is on diet off their diet plan!





Sweet smelling stinky beans (petai) with prawns and chicken.

This is a Hakka dish - sliced pork cooked in wine and sliced ginger and a kind of sweet-smelling mint leaves. Oh, I just love this dish!

Stir-fried hairy gourd with 'wan yue' (cloud fungus), sliced pork and minced garlic.

Pan-fried fish,

braised chicken with potatoes (this dish was cooked specially for Alycia and Sherilyn as it's their favorite dish) and 2 green veggies.

No comments: