Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Braised Pork Ribs With Ginger And Garlic



I cooked this dish the other day... it was my first time trying out this self-invented recipe and it turned out really well. Even my fussy-food-critique-foodie hubby said it's nice!

Here goes the self-created recipe (no specific measurement though) :

Pork ribs
Ginger wine / Hsiao Hing wine
Oyster sauce
Soy sauce
Brown sugar
Sliced garlic
Sliced ginger
Sesame seed oil

1. Marinate pork ribs with ginger wine / Hsiao Hing wine, oyster sauce, soy sauce and dash of pepper for several hours.
2. Heat up wok with sesame seed oil and saute sliced garlic and ginger until fragrant.
3. Throw in the pork ribs and stir fry for about 15 minutes. Add brown sugar.
4. Add water, enough to cover all the pork ribs and close the wok with a cover.
5. Let the pork ribs simmer in the water for 1.5 hours.... that's when the water dries up, the sauce thickens and the meat becomes tender.
Be sure to toss and turn the pork ribs intermittently, other wise they may get burnt. It happened to me twice when I was busy with Baby C and forgot to toss and turn the ribs! Anyhow, the partially slightly burnt pork ribs still tasted very good and there weren't any complaints from my fussy hubby!

No comments: