Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Busy And Stressful Life

I've been really busy ever since school re-opened last week. The mere 3 hours that Alycia and Sherilyn are at pre-school from 8:30-11:45am is barely enough for me to do my own things. During the 3 hours they are away, I would be feeding Baby C her milkie, breakfast and bunch of health supplements, which normally takes around an hour. Then, it's her bath time and before I realize it, Alycia and Sherilyn are back home. Then, it's time for me to cook lunch and soon, Baby C would wake up from her nap and then it's time for me to feed her lunch. After everyone has taken their lunch, it's Alycia and Sherilyn's bath time. Getting Alycia to take her bath has been pretty stressful for me lately. She would always give me tons of excuses to avoid taking her bath. On most days, she will also bicker with my maid and throw tantrums before her bath which would make me EXPLODE!

Next battle is to get my 2 older gals to take their afternoon nap... which also takes a great amount of coaxing and threats on some days. When they are up from their nap, it's time for their homework. Whenever I coach Alycia in her homework, Sherilyn would keep interrupting by asking me loads of questions. She would also take out her school books and though she doesn't have much homework, she would scribble and doodle on her books. It's really difficult to control her when I am in the midst of coaching Alycia... with Baby C on my lap!

In between all these, I still have to nurse Baby C and try putting her to nap. These days, this Energizer Bunny doesn't nap for long. Can you believe that today she only napped for an hour? She doesn't even want to take her mid-morning nap and only napped an hour at 2pm today. Whenever she doesn't nap, it spells trouble for me as I won't be able to do anything, except entertain her and watch over her like a hawk if she's put on the floor to crawl. I even have to hold a spatula with one hand to cook and carry her with another hand on some days.

After all the morning and afternoon chaos ends, it's time for me to supervise my maid to cook dinner. I have to stand next to her each time she cooks. Though she has worked for us for 10 months, she still fails in her cooking.

Dinner time spells stress for me again. I can't even have a decent meal as I will be feeding Baby C her dinner and eating my dinner simultaneously. Baby C wouldn't sit still in her high chair and I need to distract her with a host of activities. Next, I have to keep reminding Sherilyn to chew and swallow her food, chase her round the house with a cane as she would be running about with her mouth full of food and dropping food everywhere on the floor.

After dinner time, it's bath time again for my 3 monkeys and the whole process as described above repeats. And after bath time, it's bed time. By the time my 3 monkeys are fast asleep, I am drop dead exhausted but I still pull myself up from bed to get some work done on the computer. After getting my work done on the computer for about an hour or lesser, I can't even have a good night's sleep as I will be waking up every 2 hours to change Baby C's diaper and sniff her soiled diaper to see if her pee smells foul or not. If it smells foul and looks yellowish, it spells trouble and stress for me again for it means she has gotten attacked by bacteria again. Sigh..... ain't my life stressful? No fun being a mother right? I just CAN'T WAIT for my 3 girls to GROW UP!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my life is not any better than yours. Very busy too, but I guess less stressful than yours. :)

Anonymous said...

Easy for me to talk, I know, as my kids are older now. I think a routine definitely helps kids and as I suggested before, no running ard at meal times. Have to stay at the table till done..and if not done by 30 mins, let's say, then, no dessert/ice cream or treats, and no asking for a snack later on. There is a show called "Jon and Kate plus 8" on TV here..google it. They have 2 sets of multiples and they have routines and firm rules for the kids as otherwise, no way anyone can stay sane!