Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, January 19, 2009

What A Night We've Had

We spent the whole night yesterday at the hospital, 2 hospitals that is. First, we went to the hospital near our house and waited for more than an hour before being seen by a grouchy, lcly MO. When she saw the photocopy of the antibiotics jab prescription form from SJMC, this lcly MO with a face as black as charcoal told me rudely that she can't administer the jab on my baby since there is no proper authorization letter from the doctor at SJMC. She also gave me some other lame excuses bluntly, to which I told her to call our regular paed who works at the hospital to reconfirm my baby's medical history, which she did. This lcly Miss Charcoal Face MO must have miscommunicated the message to our paed coz our paed told her over the phone that the antibiotics meds must be administered via infusion drips. Hello, my baby already has an IV line on her hand, what the fun does she need to have the meds administered via infusion and why can't the meds be injected through the IV line? But the MO was very adamant and did not even feel any compassion for us but just gave me a pissed off and cold look. I was so angry that I stormed out of the clinic without a word and headed straight to SJMC. I was really frigging mad coz I had waited for almost 1.5 hours for nothing!

When I reached SJMC, I told the staff nurse who attended to us the night before what happened. She then called our pediatric nephrologist to reconfirm whether the antibiotics needed to be administered via infusion drips or can just be injected through the IV line. Our pediatric nephrologist confirmed that it can be administerd through the IV line coz the dosage was only 250mg. The one to be administered via infusion is 1gram. I'm pretty sure that the lcly Miss Charcoal Face MO did not inform my paed the dosage of the vial of antibiotics coz if she did, my paed at the hospital near my house would have agreed for the antibiotics to be administered via the IV line.

When we asked the staff nurse at SJMC to get the MO to prepare an authorization letter for us, we were told to wait for another 45 minutes. As it was already drawing close to midnight and baby was fussing away, we didn't want to wait and left the hospital. The next day, the hubs collected the letter from SJMC.

By the time we reached home, it was already way past 12 midnight. What a night we've had... spending 1.5 hours at a hospital for nothing and having to witness quite a gory scene of 2 accident victims and having to spend another half an hour at another hospital.

Check out my other blog to see what Baby C's doing here.







3 comments:

Bits said...

Poor Baby C... Hope that she will gets well soon and God bless!

dumb-baker said...

The first MO is what we labelled as "Sik siu siu pan doi biu". I would have snapped her if i were you...she's not professional at all.

coffeesncookies said...

Everytime I read about Baby C's incidences, I always think of your sacrifices and how strong you have to be to handle the incidences. I'm sure when Baby C grows up and reads your post, she'll really appreciate what mommy and daddy have gone through.