Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, February 16, 2009

An Act Of Kindness From Friends And Stranger

Money aside, another priceless gift that I've gained out of blogging is friendship. I've made new friends with many great mothers in the blogosphere ever since I started blogging almost 2 years ago. When one blogger mum read that Baby C has to undergo a surgery, she emailed me and offered financial assistance to pay part of the hospitalization bill. She said she really wanted to see Baby C get well once and for all. Since her company pays the medical expenses for her and her kids in full, she felt really thankful. In return, she wanted to do something to help me and Baby C. I told her that though the hospitalization is not covered by our insurers, my hubs will nonetheless find the means to pay the bill, which is expected to be over RM10k. I then told her to donate the amount of money that she intends to help me to other people who are in a similar situation as Baby C but need the money much more than me. This will definitely help save someone's life.

Another mummy (who is not a blogger but a frequent reader of my blogs) from Australia offered to help me buy cranberry capsules and mail them to me after reading from my blog that I was looking for them. I turned her offer down but this kind lady took the trouble to get the details of the cranberry capsules from the local pharmacy and emailed the details to me. I finally got the cranberry capsules when another reader of my blogs told me that I could get them from GNC in KL.

Then there is another blogger who sent a gift to Baby C when she read that she was hospitalized for another UTI attack. And there is another good blogging pal of mine who visited Baby C and me when baby was hospitalized the first time. Am I blessed to have so many people who are so concerned for me and Baby C?

I'm really grateful and thankful to everyone who had offered their help, gifts and comforting words to me in times when I really need them. Thanks to YOU... you know who you are :)

6 comments:

Merryn said...

these acts of kindness are really getting rare but to get so many of them, you are truly blessed and i do believe in paying back forward.. means forwarding the act of kindness to others.. may our world be a better place for our kids.. cheers:)

Chinneeq said...

yes, I truly agree with what you said. Even hubby could not believe his own eyes seeing how close i am with all of all our blogging Mummies. such a blessing yeah...

Anonymous said...

Great to know that there are so many kind souls in this world :) You are really lucky to get to know so many :D

Lemonjude said...

They are really so kind, sometime blogger friends are offer much kind help than own relatives or family member...

MamaJo said...

That's what friends are for....provide a shoulder for you when you need it most :)

Bits said...

Yes, lady... you are indeed blessed and it is so glad and great to know so many helpful bloggers that are willing to spare their helps!