Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Enough Is Enough

I have had enough of my maid. Throughout our time together in Ipoh and Penang for the past 3 days, she's been getting on my nerves. I can still tolerate it each time she disobeys me and does things however way she wants, despite me telling her not to.

Yesterday, Sherilyn was happily watching TV in the hotel room when she came and sat next to her, snatched the remote control that she was holding and switched channels. Did I tell you she's hooked on the TV? Another long story to tell on that. She got reprimanded. Next, we had bought a packet of peanuts for the gals to feed monkeys at Botanical Garden. Instead, this control freak clung on to the peanuts and fed monkeys herself. When the gals asked for peanuts, she refused to give. Next, in the car when Alycia wanted to look at a brochure on the Toys Museum, she also refused to give Alycia and was happily looking at the brochure herself. She even had the cheek to chide off Alycia and created a stupid excuse so that Alycia didn't get to see the brochure. The hubs and I were really pissed off with her. All these I can still close one eye and forgive her.

I got so steaming mad with her just now when she hit Baby's hand. She thought I was in the toilet and she gave Baby a monstrous expression on her face, snatched the plastic bag that Baby grabbed and hit her hand. That, I cannot accept. Who is she to hit my Baby? That was not the first time. I had caught her many times giving Baby a hideous and spiteful expression on her face and tried to hit Baby on the hand. But when she realized that I was standing behind her, she turned 360 degrees and pretended to play with Baby.

I now feel like I am keeping a time bomb waiting to explode in my house. I no longer trust her and she gets on everyone's nerves all the time, including my 2 older gals. This is really straining my relationship with her and it's really bad for me as well as for her. If I send her back to the agent, I'm not sure if I can cope without a maid. Moreover, my mil will be away overseas for more than a month soon. Her contract will only expire in April next year. If we decide to get another maid, it would probably take another half a year for the new maid to arrive. Long sigh..... should I keep her or send her back?

17 comments:

Joshua & Bryant's mummy said...

i think the quality of maids that go to m;sia are very bad. They are the leftovers from those who choose to go to S'pore or HK. Disobeying you is one issue (that can close on eye) but when it comes to mistreating the gals, it's a no-no. Have u spoken to her on that? If she still continues to do so, then just get another maid lar.....think a new maid can arrive within 2-3 mths right? That's what our agent said, you can try princeton agency at SS2

MamaJo said...

I guess you just need a helper at time being till Cassie is a bit older, then, you can hired a part time cleaner.

My sis having 2 young kids also can't cope managing both of them without my mom help....

Just be patient with your maid rather than you being bad temper to your kids due to stress at home :)

coffeesncookies said...

Have you really had a 1 to 1 with your maid that she is not to HIT, SHOUT or even scold your children? Even on small issues like fighting over remote or toys is a no-no.
Changing a maid is easier said than done, you won't know what you'll get next. Hiring a new maid is like opening Pandora's box. You really need to keep a close watch over her and reprimand her when you see her 'bossing' around.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Elaine... I tell that to her everyday! The problem with my maid is that she's plain stubborn and bossy.

Chinneeq said...

why so teruk one??? *shake head*

Cynful Pleasure said...

I think this was my 2nd time reading that your maid hit the kids.. first was Sher.. you may need to hire some part time cleaner, if you send the maid back.. and hopefully you get a better one...

mommy to chumsy said...

yeah..can you hire a part-time maid while waiting for a new one to come? Do you need a maid to help feed Cassandra?

Cowie said...

I will definitely send her home RIGHT away. Like you say, she's a time bombing waiting to explode. Procrastinating will only make matter worse if something really bad happened. Do not wait till "accident" happen, then regret. I know without a helper is tough. My maid who went on home leave never returned. I was then with a 2 yrs old toddler and a 3 months old baby. Help from family members is the best. Can you get your mom to come to KL while MIL is on holi? Everytime my mom goes on a trip, I will rope in my MIL to help out.

BoeyJoey said...

I really can relate...

I have one at home who's always testing her boundaries as well... small matters like not listening, talking back, lying, taking things for herself without asking, I still can tahan.

But when she starts smacking buttocks and pushing my kids, I really scolded her upside down. If she does that again, it's really time for her to pack for home.

I know what you mean... hard to live without them, even harder to live with them...

alohamolly said...

Shireen, though I don't have a maid of my own(I am terrified hearing all the horror stories about them honestly),I would strongly suggest you send her back...rather than coping with one which is unreliable and make your blood pressure shoot high up..maybe get some part-time or daytime helper? I noticed lately there are more people offering such service. In fact I have a friend who provide daytime maid service. Not sure how they they charge but at least no such headache!

Let me know if you need the contact no.

CHeers!

Alicia said...

tis is reli tough, as u still need a helper...

Mumsgather said...

If I were you, I would send her back. This kind of "help" is not help at all. It would cause you more worry and distress. The way you mentioned about how she turns on the kids when your back is turned suggests to me, that no matter how you talk to her about it, she will still pretend to be nice to the kids in front of you but when your back is turned... Even if you can give her the benefit of doubt that she will change after a good talk, I would not take the risk when it comes to kids.

MeRy said...

It is headache with this kind of maid at home.But since ur MIL wil be away for so long, it is better to keep the maid temporary unless you can get ur close relatives to help you up if you really decide to sent back ur maid.

Kimberly said...

HFM, I have an excellent recipe for horse laxative brownies. Perhaps you could bake some for the maid?

Stef said...

If I were in your shoes, I doubt I can trust your maid anymore. The risk that she may do more serious harm to the gals behind your back. not worth taking such risk. Get part time help until you get a new maid. I know of a friend who has a local stay-in aunty who looks after their 8mth old baby and cooks for them too. The aunty has been with them since baby was 3mths old. I think it's about RM1200p/mth.

Anonymous said...

http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com/

Have a check on this site if your maid is of leftover from Singapore.

Annie Q said...

Your maid must be too excited and happy that you all bring her for holidays till she forgot she is a "maid". Just few months before my maid left, we brought her to Genting. She enjoy herself so much, go for the rides while i look after the kids, and she sit there enjoy her buffer at the hotel while me busy walk here and there, bringing food for the kids, this and that. When everyone finish, i only start eating my food!!!! Really kek hei!

My previous maid also the same, i will always "spot check" on her while she attend my kids. She always give those "hate/angry" look to my kids and i stand behind her watching her angry look. When she saw me standing behind her, she change her "look" again. :( Haih!

Hope your "nightmare" over soon. Maybe now you can start hunting for the new maid while this old one still with you? Once you got your new one then you can "kick" the current one out?