Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Meals, Utensils And Cutlery For My Kids

This is one of the easiest to cook lunches for my kids and they love it. I would stir-fry a big pot of minced meat or fish paste with veggie and add 2-3 eggs beaten eggs into the mixture, so that the sauce becomes thick egg sauce like the sauce for Cantonese style fried noodles. I omit the corn flour as thickener and use more eggs instead. I then deep freeze a portion for future quicky meals.

With the meat sauce, my kids can choose if they would like to have yee meen, green tea noodles, buckwheat noodles or other types of noodles. Just pour the hot sauce over the noodles and a meal is served.



This time, it's with green tea noodles. I also reheated some stir-fried chives with minced pork which I had cooked the night before and tossed in some toasted sesame seeds.


And this small bowl is for Baby. I normally give her Heinz ABCs, 123s iron-enriched pasta or green tea noodles and 1 tablespoon of the meat sauce. Baby eats very little, like a little kitten. Feed her too much or I'll see her regurgitated food shooting out after her meal, eeeekkksssss!


And I don't like to use melamine or plastic bowls / plates to put hot food for my kids. Don't like the idea of my kids ingesting toxic chemicals leached out. No melamine or plastic cutlery too. They use ceramic / China ware and stainless steel cutlery.

4 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

Looks yummy and well balanced.. tea noodle? havent tried them before... yes, i heard melamine not good for hot stuff... i use all crockery plates normally...

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Way to go Mummy!! I try to avoid using plastic stuffs too.

chanelwong said...

thanks for the idea.....

Chris said...

Am with u on the plastic/melamine stuff. I cringe at my friend's hse when her teen sons just zap food in the plastic plates from the dollar store! I use Corelle as it is relatively cheap here. I have to say my dishes that I bought some 30 years ago still look really good. They also don't break as easily.
I have also started bringing my own containers for takeout's as I don't like hot food poured onto the styrofoam containers and also it is better for the environment.