Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Homemade White Sauce Pasta With Fish

I whipped up yet another very tasty and wholesome dish for Baby the other day. She loved it very much. It's so simple and quick to cook too. You can volume cook this dish and deep freeze into small batches for future quickie meals.

You'll need some fresh mushrooms, any variety will do but I prefer white button mushrooms and shitake.
Chop up the mushrooms and some french beans. Marinate a few slices of fish with some McCormick mixed herbs and sea salt.

Then cook some Heinz iron-enriched ABC-123s pasta al dente. At the same time, using another pot in another stove, pour in some mixed milk formula and butter. Then boil the french beans first for about 5-10 minutes. I boiled for 10 minutes as I want the beans softer coz Baby only has 6 teeth. Next, dump in the pasta, mushrooms and the fish and cook for another 5 minutes. Lastly, toss in 1-2 slices of processed cheddar cheese. I only use a slice as I didn't want Baby to eat too much salty cheese.



After the pasta has cooled down, immediately transfer them into small containers and deep freeze them. They are REALLY handy on busy days when you don't have the time to cook.

3 comments:

Sweet Jasmine said...

Nutritious food. I will make some for my grown up boys too when I hv run out of ideas what to cook.

Tammy said...

what fish do u usually use?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Tammy... I normally use ma yau toong and sek pang fish slice. You can use cod fish or hoong choa fish too.