Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting Alycia And Sherilyn To Eat Enough Fruits

On school-going days, Alycia and Sherilyn hardly have the time to eat fruits. I normally make them freshly squeezed orange juice (an orange for each of them every other day), which they will drink before they eat their lunch, upon their return from school. On weekends, they will eat fruits half an hour after drinking milk in the morning. I believe that fruits should be taken on an empty stomach and not together or immediately after food. Alycia has no problem eating fruits, she's a food lover anyway. For Sherilyn, it's tough job to get her to eat anything, except for junkies! And unless it's fruits that she really loves like these:



Jackfruits, strawberries and mini mandarin oranges (sweet tangerines) and her all-time favorite durian! Try giving her an apple, a pear or an orange and she'll take forever to finish them. Most of the time, she doesn't finish her fruits, unless they are in juice form, this lazy girl, sigh....

6 comments:

Chris said...

Sometimes I find it helps to change the "presentation" eg making watermelon/honeydew balls and they can eat with a toothpick. Of course u'll end up eating the other parts of the melon! Another thing I like to do esp. if I have a bunch of fruits which are going bad..I cook them in a bit of butter, then flambe! Don't worry abt the booze..it burns off! For myself, I add a touch of grand marnier after the flambe. Freezing orange section/strawberries/peeled bananas/ halved grapes(to prevent choking) make for a nice cold treat on a hot day. Another thing I used to do was to dip pieces of fruit in melted chocolate...yum! I learned from Disneyworld in Florida another presentation..frozen banana dipped in chocolate...best popsicle and costs abt USD3!!!

Unknown said...

vic has no problem eating fruits, any kinds of fruits, and just like fruits have seasons, she has her "moods and seasons" on which are her fav...

BoeyJoey said...

That's a very good habit... good job, mummy :-). Sometimes, I forget to give my kids fruits until after dinner (if they don't remind me)... haiz...

Hey, do you have an email address that I can contact you with? Have something to propose to you :-)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chris... my kids love dipping fruits in the chocolate fondue. They would always attack the choco fondue whenever we dine at hotels.

Boey Joey... I can be contacted at shireenyong@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Yummy, yummy. Makes me feel like having an orange right now. My #3 is a fruit-a-holic. Whacks any fruit any time.

Linda said...

Jackfruit, my favourite, and my older girl loves it. I don't have a habit of eating fruit everyday... you are so deligent.. :)