Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Madam Chong's Prawn Noodles House

2 Sundays ago, we had lunch at Madam Chong's Prawn Noodles House at Jalan Kuchai Lama.

This is the menu:


Hubby ordered a bowl of curry noodles which he said tasted good.



Fishball noodles for my 2 older gals.


My prawn vermicelli and broiled pak cham kai (chicken). The prawn noodles was really good. The prawns were quite big and I love the prawn broth. I will definitely go back to Madam Chong's for the prawn noodles.


The toasted wholemeal bread with kaya and butter was also very tasty. Hubby ordered this for himself but the toast ended up in my tummy and his 3 princesses' tummy hahah!




Madam Chong's prawn noodles is a 'lou ciu pai' (old brand name). She started her humble stall in 1968 at Jalan Pudu. Madam Chong is no longer around now and this eatery is now run by her relatives.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Health Freak Mom,
These noodles look nice, can you please share the address of this coffeeshop?
Thank you very much!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Anonymous... I'm sorry I dont have the address. I asked the owner for a business card but she ran out of cards. The shop is located near the cluster of boutiques at Jln Kuchai Lama.

mun said...

I am interested to eat at the shop too. I am familiar with Jln Kuchai Lama but do not know where the cluster of boutiques is located. Can you please give some pointers?

Which side of Jln Kuchai Lama is it on - on the same side where the Sentosa school is or on the same side as Kuchai Entrepreneur park? Nearer to the Old Klang Road end or further away from the Old Klang Road end?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reply, HFM, but still vague. Searched other bloggers but no luck. Also don't see any boutiques unless it's around the PappaRich in Entrepreneur's Park. Hope you will give more pointers to locate.
Many thanks and keep up your interesting blog. Love yr gals.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Anonymous... yes,you are right. It's very near PappaRich in Kuchai Entrepreneur's Park. My sense of direction sucks big time, excuse me :S

Anonymous said...

That's great, thanks, will look around there, lots of makan but parking's tough. Further in at new block on the left, try the Ipoh saltbaked chicken, next to Big Nose Fish, behind them are few boutiques. The nice OUG beefball brother has moved to his own stall in E'preneur Park too. Hope to bump into yr pretty gals one fine day to say hi! -Granny

mun said...

Thanks for the pointer. Went there for lunch today. Very difficult to choose which noodle to eat as there are too many choices. In the end, I had the specialty prawn noodle. The prawns are big and juicy but I find the soup a tad too salty for my palette.