Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Selective Hearing And Answering

When Baby was just carried out from the OT after her Chalazion eye surgery, she appeared very sleepy and still down. I called her but she did not answer me. The nurse and I wanted to test if she was still alert. When the nurse brought out a tiny piece of chocolate and said "come, I give you chocolate", Baby who was latched on dearly to her fix immediately sprang up and grabbed the chocolate! When I said "Cassandra, say thank you", Baby said "tha kiu".... and then clutched the chocolate tightly in her fist and continued to sleep. When I tried to remove the piece of chocolate from her clutch, she resisted and clutched it in a tighter grip...until the chocolate melted and sipped out from the wrapper all over her hands! I knew then that Baby was fine, physically and mentally. Amen! She was merely selectively hearing and answering us :)



Baby snuggled up with Daddy.

6 comments:

Yannie said...

Baby C is so adorable here when embraced by her daddy.

slavemom said...

hahaha Saving her energy for "important" things.

Linda said...

haha.. that's true. When my big one doesn't want to wake up in the morning after I called out her name a few times, I simply said, "ok, you sleep by yourself, mama go out first, ok" And she immideately get out of the bed.

ryeli said...

so cute! if u think about it, adults are like that too....we're only humans! ;)

btw, glad she had her treat after the surgery. ice cream is definitely a wonderful treat.

Chris said...

Not to alarm u, but this slective hearing business gets worse, esp. in the teenage years! Brace yourself!!

Alicia said...

lol shes so cute so now u noe wat u suppose to do wen u wanna wake her hahahah