Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Eleventh Hour Rush

Alycia had asked me to help her re-do her art by drawing boxes. She had colored the boxes wrongly in school and her teacher wanted her to re-do it. After coaching her in other homework, I put aside the piece of art work and had forgotten all about it until the next morning at 6am. When she woke up, Alycia threw into a fits, stomped her feet, complained in a shrieking tone non-stop which made me throw into a fits myself!



So how? With less than 5 minutes in our hands to re-do, I had to think quick. Those boxes needed the right measurements to draw. Think, think, thinkety think.... idea popped up.... I quickly zeroxed a copy using my printer and since it's quite transparant on the reverse side of the paper (I held the paper up under the lights to see cleary and dotted all the corners first, then joined them), I traced the boxes hurriedly. Alycia then colored it and vehemently refused to listen to me when I told her that she's still coloring it wrongly. This girl is very pig-headed as well... and I was so pissed off with her that morning... that she kept arguing with me that she's doing it right. When she came home from school that afternoon, she was too embarrassed to tell me that she had done it wrongly again, after confirmation from her teacher, HAH! "SEE, told you you're wrong Alycia. You think mummy has never done this before meh, haiyah!!!"

6 comments:

Inspired Momx1 said...

Ha! That's what I did this morning when my boy suddenly remembered he had to redo the clown mask that his teacher asked him to. It was half an hour before he had to leave the house for school so I urged him to quickly draw and we did the colouring together. I offered to do the cutting out for him so that he had time to eat his lunch. Phew!

Yannie said...

Nevermind, Alycia would learn from the consequence of not listening to mommy. A good lesson for her too.

Linda said...

Poor Alycia... now she has to re-do again?

Unknown said...

Poor mommy, stress that you can do without. {Hug}

Bits said...

Haha... I can feel it too! I too experience the same episode at times. Hang in there!

ryeli said...

i thought you would be the one colouring for her too in that rushed hour. so guess she had to redo for the third time after that too.

gosh, i also felt it when you said she's pig headed...already getting that from my girls. cannot imagine how our conversations will be when they're teenagers since they're already so opinionated now.