Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Durian For Breakfast Anyone?

I think I am the only Malaysian who would eat durians for breakfast instead of tucking into some mouth-watering sotong sambal nasi lemak, a plate of char koay teow or chee cheong fun. I am a health freak fruit lover who only eats fruits in the morning on an empty stomach.

Hubby was at Jaya Jusco late one night and managed to grab 2 boxes of premium durians at half the regular price just before they pulled the shutters down. If you want to grab food stuff at half price, head over to Mid Valley Megamall. Jaya Jusco and some of those independant stalls outside normally have a 50% discount off all their food items at around 9pm.


This 'red flesh' is simply the best - so sweet, so flavorful, so creamy, has the perfect texture and color and so FATTENING! But iLike! Never mind, eat first work out later.


My breakfast consisting of an orange and durians. Half an hour later, I ate a hard boiled free range chicken egg, a slice of multi-grain bread with kaya and a mug of green tea. My breakfast is my heaviest meal of the day and I find that eating a light dinner helps in controlling the jelly belly! Also if you are full and well satiated with all the carbs in the morning, you tend not to think so much about food throughout the day, especially on those sinful carbs!

5 comments:

Linda said...

COUNT ME IN! haha

CL said...

OMG, durian.. My fav.. too bad, I only had one session of durian this year...

ryeli said...

this is so funny coz i'm eating one now as i typed. and my hubby just complaint that i'm one hypocrite as i told rye li to eat her breakfast first before she can eat any. and then so happened i click on your blog and this post came out. i of course showed him your post. lol!

MeRy said...

OMg...the durian looks tempting,...

Yannie said...

Your durians look so meaty and yummy. I am loving it.