Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Restoran Bali Hai @ Gurney Drive Penang

When we were in Penang recently for Baby's bi-annually ultrasound scan, we indulged in a very sumptuous seafood lunch before we headed back to Ipoh. This restaurant is located along Gurney Drive, facing the sea and is a popular place for tourists to tuck into some very fresh and tasty seafood. We loved every dish that we ordered and we will definitely come back again. The only thing that I didn't like was that it was freaking hot at the restaurant. We went there on a sizzling afternoon and this restaurant is not air-conditioned. I was so hot that I went up to the big misty fan and stood right in front of it to cool my sweaty body down haha!

Go and drool over the pix now .....

Mantis prawn - deep fried with sauce



Salt-baked crabs...




Sherilyn dozed off while wiating for the food to come...




Colorful plastic balls were hung on the ceiling, to create a World Cup atmosphere...
You will find just about any type of live edible sea creatures in the long display of water tanks. I so wanted to try the Geoduck. I think it will probably cost all that I earn from my online shop if we were to choose just one Geoduck!


The restaurant is located along the famed Gurney Drive... it's partially open-air, so if you go there on a sweltering afternoon, be prepared to don on your skimpiest outfit.




Crabe meat shark's fins soup...




Stir-fried fresh scallops with fresh lily bulbs, brocolli, carrots, baby sweet corns and button mushrooms. The fresh scallops were indeed fresh and springy.




Braised yee mein with lobsters...


We had a finger-lickin, lip-smacking good seafood meal and we will definitely go there again, this time for dinner when it's cooler at night.

6 comments:

BoeyJoey said...

Mmm... all the food looks yummy; I love seafood very much :-).

I tried geoduck once many years ago with some company partners... in Penang too. Didn't like it... it was slimy and chewy... eww!

MeRy said...

Yummy........All r most seafood.

slavemom said...

We din hv a good experience at Bali Hai. The guy recommended the lobster, wic was too huge (cost a bomb) n the dish wasn't nice coz the flesh was too rough. But I can't help salivating at ur pics. Crab's my fav!

Adrine said...

I was just in Penang last weekend but walked right past Bali Hai ! Went to the hawker place next to it instead. Next time I'll give this place a try. The food looks so good.

Adrine said...

I was just in Penang last weekend but walked right past Bali Hai! Went to the hawker place next to it instead. Will try it out next time. The food looks good.

LittleLamb said...

This restaurant is definitely very happening because the food is good. June, one of the Penang bloggers..its her regular eating place.