Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, October 22, 2010

Alycia's Final Exam Finally Over, Phew!

Ever since Alycia's final exam was over yesterday, I can feel a big bag of burden off my shoulders. I feel more stressed up and tensed than her. Alycia is super cool and has no sense of urgency or discipline when it comes to doing revision for her exam. During last minute revision with her, the second I leave the table to do something else, this fler will zoom to the TV and get hooked on it. Can't really blame her too as there's too much distraction from her 2 younger sisters. You will say why don't you keep the TV off limits during exam time but if I don't allow the 2 younger brats to watch TV, there is no way I can have a one-to-one revision with Alycia. Baby would be all over me and targeting my boops and Sherilyn would be inundating me with loads of questions.

Today Alycia got back almost all her test papers. I really thought that she would fare very badly as I hadn't done enough revision with her and have in the past did not do much regular revisions with her. But she made me really proud of her. She scored 90 marks and above for all her test papers. If it weren't because of her careless mistakes and failure to double check her work, she would have scored 100% in her papers. This girl of mine can be very very forgetful. I have been drumming into her head to DOUBLE CHECK YOUR WORK, DOUBLE CHECK YOUR WORK but she never checks her work, AAARGH!!

5 comments:

MeRy said...

Not a bad results...Well done!

Yannie said...

I can understand how frustrated you were when seeing her making careless mistakes. I feel the same from my kids too.

Reanaclaire said...

wahh.. so clever one.. double check?? no la.. that doesnt work no matter how much we remind them..

Inspired Momx1 said...

I have one here who never bothers to check his work too! Just got back his Science (English) paper and he left the last page untouched! Sei mou.. 4 marks vanished into thin air.. otherwise he would have scored 100% *slap forehead*

The best part is the father says, nvm la... 4 marks only ma.. *roll eyeballs*

slavemom said...

Well done, Aly! That's vy good results.
Same here, gotta remind my girl to chk her work EVERYDAY during her exam. She said she did wor -- 2,3x samo. So let's c if it's true when the papers come back. :D