Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Coliseum Cafe, KL

Last Sunday, hubby was in the mood to bring us to the most jam-packed place in KL - Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman (TAR). I cringed when he announced that he wanted to revisit Coliseum to have steak and Chinese style chicken chop and fried noodles. I never like going to that place. I rather stay home and eat bread than to go to Jalan TAR on a hot sunny day. Talk about Jalan TAR and memories of my days on the pink Mini Bus no. 10 that ply the roads of the perpetually jammed Jalan TAR will come flooding. Those were my college days and my room mate (Cheng Cheng) and I would be on one of these sardine-packed pink mini buses on our way to college, while listening to the blaring 'Joy Ride' music played on the mini bus every morning.

Anyway back to our trip to Coliseum. This restaurant is by far the oldest restaurants in KL. The restaurant is over 90 years old and I tell yer, the workers there are as old as this restaurant. The waiter who served us was over 70 years old but still looking strong and alert. The rest of the staff were all over 45 years old. This restaurant is not a place where everyone would love to go to but yet, it is always packed.

Here's what we had:


Ox tail soup...


Chinese style white bread with chunks of butter...


Fish and chips...


Chinese style chicken chop...


Hokkien style fried vermicelli, which iLike...


Frice rice, also yummy...


T-bone steak...


Inchi kabin chicken... I find the chicken a tad tough and really nothing to shout about...


We also ordered lamb chop.

Overall, I would rate the food 5/10. After lunch, we headed to Lot 10 and then to Restoran Sari Ratu (an Indonesian restaurant) along Jalan Sultan Ismail for Indon desserts. After a day's pigging out, all 3 girls were down with purging and high fever, one after another....

6 comments:

Inspired Momx1 said...

My first visit there was more than 15 years ago. I still remember the waiters and waitresses there were dressed like those restaurant scenes in TVB series "siong hoi tan". Hahaha..

MeRy said...

food looks not bad..
Hope 3 girls will recover soon..

MeRy said...

food looks not bad..
Hope 3 girls will recover soon..

a&a'smom said...

Oh dear, fr Coliseum?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sheela... not sure from where. Maybe from the Indo restaurant..

Unknown said...

I used to eat there 10 years ago when I was working in the area. The food is so-so lar... I agree with you, 5/10 is good enough rating for them.