Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fuming Mad

2 days ago, I was really cheesed off by the soya bean milk man. I have been his loyal customer for so many years and yet he had the cheek to say such defensive things to wind me up. I had bought a 1.5L bottle of cold soya bean milk from him early this week. On that day, I saw him taking out a big bottle of soya bean milk from the ice box instead of pouring the soya bean milk out from the huge stainless steel dispenser. The bottle was 3/4 full. I then asked him why it was not full and he told me that sometimes he would get customers who would order a few big bottles. It would be faster that he fills up some bottles with soya bean milk up to 3/4 full whenever he has the time. If the customer wants syrup for the soya bean milk, he would fill the remaining 1/4 of the bottle with syrup. Fine, I was satisfied with his answer but still felt dubious. Back home, I immediately kept the bottle of soya bean milk in the fridge. Several hours later when I poured the soya bean milk out, it had coagulated, like bean curd. I knew instantly that the coagulation was partly caused by the man putting the bottle of soya bean milk in the ice box. I threw the bottle of soya bean milk away.

The next day when I asked the soya bean milk man casually why it had coagulated, gosh, this man was highly defensive. He started hurling defensive words that would irritate any customer.

Man - definitely your fridge is not cold enough, this will not happen if your fridge is cold enough...

Me - my fridge is cold, it's new!

Man - new fridge does not mean it's cold enough. I can guarantee your fridge is not cold enough. You people open and close the fridge door so many times, surely your fridge is not cold. Did you use a thermometer to check the temperature?? (and asked in a harsh tone)
(on hearing this, I could feel steam spewing out from my head. This man was trying to challenge me to prove me wrong)

I just shook my head in disbelief of what I heard, took my bottle of soya bean milk from him (yup I still bought a bottle from him) and paced off. That will be my last time buying soya bean milk from him. I did not expect him to pay me back RM4.80 for the bottle of soya bean milk. I was just hoping to get an apology from him. Even a 20sen discount would make me feel better. If I were him, I would have given my customer another bottle of soya bean milk for free to placate a dissatisfied customer. Sigh, some people just lack the business mind and attitude.

9 comments:

coffeesncookies said...

he probably had a bad day and feeling PMS. Man can be b***** too you know? Eoo bad for him, he lost a loyal customer.

MeRy said...

Next time don't buy the soyamilk from this MAN again....

Charmaine said...

Maybe business so good now that he thinks he can do or say whatever he likes. So much for appreciating your loyalty.

Linda said...

I once had similar experience of fresh soy milk turn bean curd. It's because we left it too long in the car under hot sun.
Next time made your own fresh soy milk... :)

chanelwong said...

sooo rude one...
you still buy? if I ..just leave lor....

Mumsgather said...

I also boycott my soya bean milk man already because despite my being a loyal weekly buyer, he still gave me old stock instead of fresh one.

LittleLamb said...

were there a lot of people waiting? for me, i rather wait then use a 3/4 bottle.

Health Freak Mommy said...

MG... are you talking about the same soya bean milk man?? Since we live in the same neighborhood?

Yannie said...

Anyway, just have to talk in nicer way, problem will be resolved.