Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Testing Our Patience

Baby has been testing our patience with her mischief. For the past 2 weeks, she has been throwing stuff out of her sisters' bedroom window. First she threw down some books, papers, Alycia's watch and toys. We reprimanded her and she looked repentant. The next day, yet again she threw 2 Dr Seuss books off the window, which landed on the ledge. Several days later, she threw out some hair ties. Though we had reprimanded her and hit her hand (very lightly though... didn't have the heart to hit her till she cries), this fler is still testing our patience with her monkey business. Now, we have to lock the windows to prevent this rascal from throwing more stuff down! Can't wait for this rascal's Terrible Twos phase to past. Hopefully it will not accelerate to Terrible Threes and Fours and Fives... just like rascal #2!!!


The 2 Dr Seuss books resting on the ledge.

8 comments:

coffeesncookies said...

i can't help but think it would be very dangerous if Cassandra climbs up to the window. How bout installing mosquito nettings.. there's some very nice magnetic ones that can be peeled off. at least you still get ventilation and cool air with yr windows opened.

Health Freak Mommy said...

elaine, there are sliding mozzie nettings on all our windows. We just have to watch her like a hawk these days, sigh..

MeRy said...

ANother active girl....

MeRy said...

ANother active girl....

mott said...

oh myyy...... when I was Cassie's age, I too threw alot of things out of the window. I even had fun taking the tape out of cassettes..and flung it as far as I could, holding on to the tape....just like ribbons. It was fun, it was surreal..watching them, almost like in slow motion.

My mother, when she came back, she whacked my bum so pain, until today, I remember what I did wrong. And..I don't normally have a very good memory. :(

I have no answers here...but I think I was very very curious about gravity then.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mott, curious about gravity! Now it dawned on me that maybe Cassandra is also curious about gravity!! That's why she's been throwing things down - to see how far down those things can reach LOL!

Unknown said...

To us its mischief. To them it is science. My son took a ball of cotton, made it wet and threw it at the wall several times to see if it would stick. All in the name of science.

Chris said...

Maybe C wants attention..in a sort of negative way. All kids do that, throw stuff out windows(bet she wouldn't do that if u were on the ground floor!), unroll toilet paper etc. Instead of a spanking, try witholding privileges as a punishment eg no TV, sit in the corner for 5 mins, no wearing of those fave pants for a day, no icecream etc.