Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tomato Fried Rice

Fried rice is always the easiest to prepare and my girls love them. I normally prepare fried rice for lunch and cook an extra portion for dinner too. So we only need to mess up the kitchen once :)

My fried rice is cooked in a variety of ways. This one is tomato fried rice with cubed tomatoes from 2 large tomatoes. There are also mustard green (sawi), cubed carrots, diced chicken breast, garlic, onions, eggs and cherry tomatoes and not to forget spring onions to add flavor to the rice. It's quite a complete meal isn't it? Tasty and fuss-free meal for my 3 girls.


9 comments:

Yannie said...

Your fried rice looked really good and healthy.

Unknown said...

Nice tomato fried rice...yummy.

Angeline

mommy to chumsy said...

yum yum! you know what? inspired by your chicken sandwich, i made one for ashley last sunday for lunch. she was surprised to be eating a sandwich for lunch and loved it :D

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sheoh Yan and Angeline - thanks :)

Barb - I made terriyaki sandwich for lunch again today. My girls love this more than a 'proper' meal :D

Unknown said...

Looks really yummy. My kids looovvvee fried rice too. How do you make the sauce? With tomato ketchup?

Chris said...

Fried rice is such comfort food! I am surprised your little ones would eat green onions..mine would just pick them out!

BoeyJoey said...

I cook fried rice for lunch quite often too, during weekends. Normally, i throw in whatever I have in the fridge, but must haves are eggs and carrot strips :-).

Mummy Moon said...

I like your fried rice version, very variety. There is once MIL comes over and saw me cooking fried rice for the kids.. She said not good to eat fried rice often as it is heaty. Thereafter I have cut down cooking fried rice :(

Health Freak Mommy said...

Irene, there's no sauce in the tomato fried rice. Just chopped tomatoes from 2 tomatoes :)