Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Miss Dilly Dally

Rascal #2 is the most 'lau hei' girl I have ever met. She has no urgency at all in completing her homework and has no sense of punctuality too. She dilly dallies away everyday - to school, to tuition, to ballet class and just about anywhere *BIG sigh!!* Everywhere that she has to go to, I have to pull my hair and remind her to no end to hurry up. The moment I leave her alone, there she goes... ding dong ding dong wasting her time.

These days, the only way to get her to do her homework is to forbid her from having dinner if she does not complete her homework. But this girl will only start doing her homework the moment we are about to eat dinner, sigh!!

Do you have a child who is like this? I really need help for I really don't know how to manage this fella!


A common scene every evening. While everyone is eating dinner, this fella will be struggling to complete her homework, crying and whining.

4 comments:

MG said...

Just looking at your header makes me think of my girl!

Cl said...

no 2 never failed to make your life more interesting everyday.. ;)

Chris said...

I think what u are doing is a good idea and stick with it. Maybe as well cancel TV/ computer privileges. Also make her repeat to u why those privileges are not available so she can formulate in her head and learn from it. I'd even say to let her sit away from the rest of the family at the dinner table so she can feel "left out". I used all those techniques with my kids too except my husb was never consistent; he is a pushover, just like yours!

Ann said...

Oh...I know this. Although coz my son is still young, I don't feel it that bad coz deadlines are less.

I tried telling him what he has to do after his current activity, set his expectations right so that he doesn't feel he has to do things at my time but his (actually mine). It seems to work.

How come she didn't do her homework? Was she doing something else?