Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Maid Stories Again

That woman is driving me nuts!! She hogs the bathroom everyday for half an hour to forty five minutes twice a day and reads our newspapers and magazines while in the throne. This I do not mind as reading is a good hobby to have. What I cannot stand is that she dirties the toilet seat with her black fingers (from the newspapers ink) and does not clean up the stains. At times, she dirties the toilet seat and floor with poop and blood too! In the past, I cleaned up her after her mess when I cannot stand the filth and cannot wait for her to come and clean it up when I have to use the bathroom. After many times, my temper hit the roof. Enough is enough and I told her off.

A week ago, she dropped the new FHM magazine that we bought onto the wet bathroom floor but did not bother to dry the magazine. Half the book of pages are now glued to one another. When I tried to separate the pages, they tore apart as they were still wet. The magazine is now torn and tattered and I don't feel like touching it anymore for I have no idea what the source of the liquid that is binding the pages now. I thought it was my hubs who wet the magazine, thus did not bother to ask him. This morning, my hubs asked me angrily if I had dropped the magazine onto the wet floor and did not bother to dry it up. When he asked me this, I knew instantly who the culprit was. I feel like strangling her now!! This is but just a fraction of her bad habits and attitude that we have to bear with everyday. Thank goodness her days with us are numbered. When she leaves, my life needs a major adjustment and this is going to take place very, very soon..hopefully it will be for the better, for me, my kids and everyone else.

8 comments:

Yannie said...

This is the reason why my husband - a clean and neat freak can't have a maid in his house forever.

Adrine said...

Need to clean the mess from her poo and blood? Ewwww!!!

You're so kind to her la. I won't let my maid read my new magazine!

Unknown said...

Hi shireen, the last time you wrote about your maid and and your dilemma on whether to get a new one or not, I thought your old maid was leaving... and this woman is the old or the replacement? Oh, I agree with Adrine... you are too kind to let her read your magazines... and IN THE TOILET?!! that's too much, sorry for you, give the camel one inch and they take a foot! My style, maid cleans up after their own mess,even if they forgot to throw the tissue paper in the toilet, or put the rag back. After a few times, they get the msg. Right now this woman is taking advantage of your kind heartedness!

And tell her to lay off your magazines! If she want to learn to read, take a dictionary, and buy one with her own money!

chinnee (chinneeq@gmail.com) said...

so geli....*faint*

Did u tell her she must not take her time to read in the toilet? Those mags are not meant for her anyway....

Zoe said...

You poor thing.

With cultural differences, it is always difficult to have a "stranger" living in the same household.

Chris said...

Quite unacceptable behaviour for anyone regardless if she is a maid or not. I am the housemaid and I would never do that, no would I allow anyone in the family to do the same.

MeRy said...

For me, I prefer not to have a maid at home...

Jobless Girl said...

Bad habit and terrible la...