Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, June 15, 2012

Kids Say The Sweetest Words

Just want to pen this down before I forget.

My 4YO baby girl loves giving me wet kisses and big hugs while telling me "you are my bestest mummy ever! I love you so so much mummy!"

Isn't this the most loving and sweetest thing to hear from your child? And I wonder if she will still say this to me a few years down the road or perhaps when I am old. I wonder...

6 comments:

Yannie said...

She will.

Unknown said...

Kids at a young age are very attached to their parents, especially the mother. They too, are more expressive and impromptu in what they say. As they grow older, they fall in love, then become busy raising their own children and become very committed to her family. So much so they tend to forget expressing their love to their elderly parents when they're still alive. But you read confessions of their love in the obituary columns of the local newspapers! There're, however, some who send cards with beautiful sayings to their parents on Parents' Days. Not all grownup children practise physical or vocal expressions of love to their parents, perhaps due to shyness?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sheoh Yan - hopefully!

Unknown - true. I think many grown ups are just too shy to say out those words to their elderly parents.

Granny Stella Wong Yeow said...

The unknown happens to be me, your own mom!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mom, LOL!!

Chris said...

Yes, indeed, motherhood does not pay well but the benefits are tremendous!!