Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, October 22, 2012

Half-Boiled Eggs That Are Still A Tad Raw


Cass loves half-boiled eggs but I can hardly get the right consistency, i.e. one that is not too runny with egg white that is not transparent. I used to fry the half-boiled eggs that are still a tad raw but ever since we were maidless, any frying would mean washing and wiping the stove for me.  And I hate washing and wiping! So lazy me found a better way of getting the half-boiled eggs right whenever they turn out too raw... by steaming the egg for about 5 minutes.




The half-boiled eggs that are still a tad raw...





After approximately 5 minutes of steaming the 'quarter-boiled' eggs...



The eggs are now in the right consistency, with smiley face some more... which Cass just loved!  She eats 1-2 free-range eggs a day... brain-power boosting food for her :D








7 comments:

LittleLamb said...

How about buying the egg timer?

Linda said...

Keep on stirring the eggs when water is about to boil. And keep on stirring for another minute after turned off fire.... It will help cooked up the egg white while avoiding the egg yolk from getting harder.....

Merryn Tan did a very detail post about half boiled eggs before... Perhaps can search for it.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Rachel.. we have the plastic egg timer but I don't like the idea of putting boiling water into a plastic container. Not that healthy ya?

Linda, thks for the tip. Shall try that next time!

Yannie said...

I use plastic egg timer also.

Early morning, Cass is topless, strong eh!

Merryn said...

i use egg timer. perfect half boiled egg every time :)

Chris said...

There is a red plastic half egg shaped thing with markings on it; the red changes colour as u boil it in the pot with the eggs. As the colour changes it will change along the printed markings and it is marked "well-done", "soft-cooked" etc. As well, what I use myself everyday is a microwave egg cooker which I got for CAD 1; I have seen it here in Melb ((where I am currently) for AUD 8 for 2. Cooks hardboiled in 45secs. Hence,for C, instead of steaming undercooked eggs, pop into the micro for a few secs. Much less clean up!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chris, tks for the great tip! Will def. microwave my undercooked 1/2 boiled eggs next time!