Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, January 18, 2013

Juggler Of Many Tasks

I guess most mothers are very good in juggling  many tasks at a time. I am definitely one.  Now that I am a WFHM to 3 kids, without the help of a live-in helper, every minute is as precious as gold to me! I stretch every minute I have on hand to the max.  Thus, in the morning when the kids are all in school, I try to accomplish as much as I can before they are home as that's when havoc breaks out again!

How I juggle multi-tasks...

1) I usually eat my breakfast / lunch and work on my computer simultaneously. If the food is the messy type with sauce or soup, then I will eat at the dining table and will read the newspapers or a book.

2) I fill up my watering can and water the plants while making calls on my cordless house phone on loudspeaker mode

3) I hang out laundry while talking on the phone, in loudspeaker mode.  Thus, I love phones with loudspeaker function as my hands are freed to do something else when I am talking on the phone

4) While I take my shower, I put Cass on the throne. Once I am done, she is usually done too. Then I bathe her and I only wet my body once haha!  Oh yes, I wash the bathroom too when I have my shower, everyday.

5) I read the newspapers while working out on the Air Walker in the gym

6) While something is cooking in the pan / wok (frying fish / chicken / braising a meat), I wash   the dirty dishes and mop the kitchen floor

7) While waiting for my friend to pick up Sherilyn for ballet, I reply to emails and messages from my customers on my handphone.


The list is endless. Would you like to add to the list? I am sure we busy mothers are very good at maximizing our precious time. Let's share how you ladies juggle your time :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

I think all mums multi-task cos we have to to survive! I hardly remember eating a meal without doing something else. I also do wash the dishes as I am cooking and try to minimise the number of utensils/ crockery needed. If using the oven, I'd always have a few items going in, not just one. And always make extra to freeze or use the next day. Plain rice freezes well, and fried rice too (however as long as there is no green onions or beansprouts in it; green peas and carrots work well). If washing clothes by hand, the last rinse I'd save to water plants with.

Yannie said...

Yesterday only, I think whether there is anyone doing this, peeing and washing underwear at the same time. I did. I sat on the throne and peeing, but my hands was washing underwear in a pail.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Yan, you really made me LOL!!! I have never done that coz the tap is far fr my throne but if near, i think i wld hv done it too LOL!

Chris, u always hv many great tips, tks!