Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cassandra Is 5 Today!

My baby girl, she's 5 years old today! At her request, daddy bought her 2 strawberry cakes -- one Hello Kitty strawberry cake for our celebration at a Japanese restaurant last Saturday (her choice of restaurant) and another strawberry cake for her celebration in school today.
Here is the custom made Hello Kitty strawberry cake for Cass, with layers of strawberry paste between the layers of sponge cake and fresh strawberries as decor on the cake....




And a strawberry white chocolate cake from our favorite bakery for her celebration in school today.




When everyone was singing the "Happy Birthday" song to her, her expression suddenly turned from happy to one that was on the brink of crying! And she covered her mouth with her palm as if to stifle an outburst of emotions, just like how those beauty queens normally react when they are announced the winner. I thought she was really going to tear but thank God, she soon smiled again when daddy asked her to cut the cake LOL! After school, I asked her if she almost wanted to cry during the celebration in school and she said YES! I asked her if she was overcome with emotions and joy and she said YES! I told her that it is normal to feel this way and then I told her about her birth story and that I also teared when I heard her first cries in the OT exactly 5 years ago today!

Tonight, to make this feel like her day, I will be ordering pizzas to be delivered to our place for dinner. I pray to God that He will bestow my baby girl with good health, happiness and wisdom always. Happy birthday baby girl!

6 comments:

Inspired Momx1 said...

Happy Birthday, Cassandra!

Ben and Shaun said...

Blessed birthday, Cassandra. You are certainly maturing.

Mummy Moon said...

Happy birthday to Cassandra. She is such a pretty girl.

Yannie said...

Good that she can handle her emotion so well, though she is just 5 years old. Cute and smart girl.

Ann said...

Happy Birthday Cassandra!

Jesse said...

I "found" you when Google around.. we were staying in Sabah but slowly going to shift back to Ipoh.. my kids are there now..smashing at Menglembu.. hope to have more "mummy" friend in future.. and happy birthday to your little girl. She is gorgeous!