Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, September 12, 2014

Cass In Kindy - Random Pictures

A picture taken last Friday at the lantern party at Cass' kindy.

Before the party started, all the parents and kids walked round the neighborhood with their lanterns.  It was my sixth (or was it seventh?) time doing this with my 3 girls.  And it will be our last time having this party in that kindy as Cass will be going to Primary 1 next year.  I can't believe how fast time has flew past us.  I remember Alycia going to this kindy when she was 3YO.   And that was 8 years ago!

This is Cass walking with one of her besties, Megan. I know she will definitely  miss all her buddies from the kindy on the last day of school in 2 months.




This is the spelling list for Cass...




The Ejaan list...







And the Ting Xie list.  A couple of the words in the Ting Xie list here were the same  as Sherilyn's Ting Xie list.  Imagine a 6-YO being tested on the same words as a 9-YO.  And oh yes, some of the topics in Math for 6YOs in this kindy are the same as what Primary 2 kids are learning.  Honestly speaking, Cass is still struggling with her Chinese but doing pretty well in the other languages and subjects.  I know I will definitely have some hair-pulling moments with her grappling with Chinese when she goes to Primary 1 next year, in her che ches' school.  Ever since the school was awarded with an SBT status, the academics expectations of the HM have shot up to the highest level on the Richter scale, putting even more stress on the students, parents and teachers!




In another 1.5 month's time, Cass will be sitting for her final exam.

What do you think of the level of  Chinese, English and BM in this kindy based on the list of words as shown here?  If you compare this with your kid's kindy, would you grade this as difficult, moderate or easy?  Would love to hear from you :)




6 comments:

Ben and Shaun said...

Wow., the level of spelling, Ejaan and ting xia is really high for her age.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Ben & Shaun's mummy, yes I think so too. Pro is that the kids will breeze through Std. 1 and con is it is pretty stressful for the kids and parents.

mun said...

I think it is very difficult. This kindy is so academically inclined. I know this because my friend is the headmistress of a kindy that does not focus as much on academics, more on social and life skills.

Yannie said...

Time flies and your baby C is primary 1 next year. She looks cute and lovely in her HK outfit.

Joshua & Bryant's mummy said...

Very difficult. Josh gets simpler words

kcantares said...

Omg, I don't think I can do some of the English spellings at primary 3!