Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Historic Week For Cass

I just realized that I have not updated this blog for 9 days!  Wow, that's how busy I have been for the past 9 days, with Cass especially as she just started Primary 1 a week ago.  I spent my first 3 days with her in school and on the 4th day, I followed the transporter to school in the afternoon to pick her up. I am so glad that we survived the week without any drama, albeit I fell sick (flu and scratchy throat resurfaced) as a result of lack of sleep and being brutally burnt by the scorching hot sun for 4 days while in school. I did mention before that I am allergic to the sun, didn't I?  :D

Last week was a historic week for Cass. There were many firsts for her.  Apart from the transition to primary school, she also sat on a school van for the first time and bought food from the canteen on her own for the first time (and bought junk food too, despite me reminding her repeatedly not to do so!). She gained her new found freedom and was really thrilled to be able to buy things on her own at the canteen.  On Saturday, her long awaited day came. She had been looking forward to her first piano class since 2 Saturdays ago.  Her teacher is a 19-year old law student.  I hope her interest will still be this strong many years down the road.





Cass' first pop piano lesson on 17 January 2015...





Last week also marked the week that Cass finally succeeded in learning how to skate on her roller skates shoes.  Her aunt SM gave her a pair of roller skates shoes when we were in Auckland but she did not know yet how to skate on it when we were in Auckland.  When we came back, she kept practising on her roller skates shoes. On New Year's Eve at our dinner with friends, she saw her friend skating on a roller skates shoes very gracefully. She observed intently and the next day, she practised again and voila, she finally got it!  Since then, she has been wearing her roller skates shoes out whenever we are out to the mall or restaurant. She can now skate effortlessly just like her friend. This was one of her happiest and most victorious moments!


Can you see  Cass' bulky roller skates shoes? My toes had been squashed by the weight of her on the shoes umpteem times!  So were her sisters! We are now terrified of her each time she wears this pair of shoes lol!




Cass at Old School @ Jaya One, PJ today, enjoying coconut ice cream.  Love the wall mural of this bas sekolah!!






Hari ini dalam Sejarah.... Cass at 6 years 9 months :D





3 comments:

Adrine said...

That's a lot of first for Cass! Elyssa has been bugging me for piano classes ever since we "adopted" a second hand piano late last year. But I've been reluctant cos I super-super hated my own piano classes last time!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Adrine
I super hated my piano lessons too! THey were so torturous to me for 11 years! So for Cass, I told her that she will just learn for fun, no exam! Unless she's so good and talented that I will change my mind and let her sit for the ABRSM tests. And this will be another backup plan for her in future - to teach piano. haha!

mun said...

Congrats Cass for learning to roller skate so quickly and being a big independent girl now, can buy food on your own in the canteen.

Hahaha, at a glance, I thought it is a real school bus with children queuing to get onto the bus. Doh!