Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, October 6, 2017

Another Near Miss!

Someone almost burnt the condo down early this week!

When her daddy came back at 9:30 p.m. for dinner, I was already almost going to bed after a long and tiring day.  The mil heated up the dishes in a wok. I told the little girl to bring the food out for her dad.  She's used to serving her dad dinner whenever he comes back late at night. She's the darling of the kitchen and our best kitchen helper.

The next morning when I woke up at 4:15 a.m., I was shocked when I saw that there was FIRE on the stove!!  With the wok on the stove. Oh. my. gawwwwwd!  Someone didn't turn off the fire when she removed the food from the wok the night before!!

I quickly lifted up the wok lid and thank God, nothing was burnt. I had expected to see a burnt wok but the wok was A-ok, except for some stains caused by the wooden steaming rack. And it was indeed a miracle that the wooden steaming rack did not catch fire.   Had this  happened, I wouldn't be here typing this post.  We would have created yet another Grenfell Tower, London blaze in the news.

Imagine a wood heated by fire in an empty wok for 6 hours and yet didn't catch fire! That's a miracle.  I thank God for watching us and saving us again.



Moral of the story: never trust a 12-year old to do any kitchen stuff related to cooking / heating food unattended to, no matter how capable he/she is.  And make sure that you check the stoves every night before turning off the kitchen lights and going to bed.  Also, never trust the man to do those checking and supervising. Do it yourself, mummies.




Post a Comment