Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Progressive Eye Glasses

I started to wear eye glasses when I was 15 years old. I was stumped that I had a combo of issues with my eye sight, ranging from astigmatism to myopia, hyperopia to even presbyopia.  Consequently, I had to wear eye glasses with progressive lenses. Though there was a combo of issues, fortunately the power wasn't exceptionally high. I continued to wear glasses until my adult years.  Years later, I stopped wearing glasses as I had misplaced my glasses after moving houses several times.

When I brought my girls to check their eyes early this year, I had mine checked too.  To my surprise, I was told that my power had reduced and the optician told me that I do not even need to wear glasses anymore!  It must be the Super Lutein supplement that I have been religiously popping. 

Nonetheless, I find that my eyes work better and do not get tired easily when I wear my anti-blue light eye glasses whenever I use the computer.

Many people often ask me what progressive lenses are.  A progressive lens is an amazing piece of engineering, allowing multiple vision fields to be incorporated into a single lens without any clear distinction between the fields themselves. The power in the lenses "progressively" changes from far-to intermediate to your full reading power. This is why progressive lenses are often referred to as "no-line" bifocals or trifocals

Presbyopia is a common old age problem because the crystallised lens behind the cornea simply cannot flex or squeeze itself during focusing in near reading distance.

So to counter that, we will need a lens for near range focusing, essentially a lens for reading, then when we look far, it will be blur! So now you’ll either remove your glasses or change to a pair of reading glasses, troublesome!  That's when people will need to be prescribed with progressive glasses.

structure of progressive lens


One of the best places to get stylish glasses at affordable prices is at Pott Glasses.  With their flagship store at SS15 Subang Jaya and a branch at SS2 PJ, customers are often spoilt for choices. Whether you are looking for a signature style, unique identity or a fresh look, Pott Glasses is an ideal place to shop for your eye glasses.




The hubs will be excited if I drag him to Pott Glasses to get him a spare pair of reading glasses. This old man of mine is starting to get forgetful and often loses his eye glasses. He definitely needs a  few spare pairs of eye glasses just in case he misplaces his current pair of glasses again.  He will love it that the friendly staff of Pott Glasses prepare good coffee (his favorite indulgence) for him to sip at the comfy couch with a good magazine in hand to keep him entertained while he waits for his girls to have their eyes tested.





Do hop over to Pott Glasses and sign up for their newsletter and be the first to know about coupons and special promotion.


No comments: