Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Weekend Food Marathon (9 - 10 June 2018)


Our makan marathon started with breakfast at our usual open-air kopitiam on Saturday. Cass and I shared a bowl of Tomyum noodles from a new stall that sells various types of Thai-style noodles.  The bowl of Tomyum noodles was yummo! But it was spicy and hot.  Slurping a bowl of piping hot and spicy noodles is not the perfect choice of food for breakfast on a hot, humid and sunny mid morning. I had to stop at intervals to wait for the noodles to cool down, huffing and puffing away before I could put anymore of the hot and spicy stuff into my burning mouth. After breakfast, I was clammy from the sweat and heat. I had my second full-body shower for the day when I got home.





Dinner was at a newly opened Japanese restaurant. But the girls were more keen on Domino's Pizza, which was just beside the Japanese restaurant. They begged their dad for pizza and their indulgent daddy gave them money to get takeout pizza and grilled drummets. While waiting for our food to arrive at the Japanese restaurant, the girls walked next door to get takeout pizza. Back home, the girls had pizza and grilled drummets for supper while the adults had Bak Chang (rice dumplings) hand delivered to us by a relative who bought them from Melaka. Supper is a strict no no for me; I quickly took my shower while everyone else had their supper. Out of side, out of mind! Can't imagine scarfing down so much carbs into my body at 9:30 p.m. and I ain't going to exercise the next day (Sunday).






Sunday Eats:

Lunch was at Drunk Cat Restaurant @ Kuchai Lama and it was during lunch that the hubs told us that he had booked seats for us at VE Hotel And Residence for a Buka Puasa buffet dinner with his staff. What?!  Buffet for dinner is another NO NO for me like since a decade ago.  How can anyone stuff so much food into the stomach and go to bed a couple of hours later? That's insanely bad for our health. But the girls were game for a Buka Puasa buffet dinner and were YAY-ing away.  After lunch, the hubs dropped another 'bomb' ~ he wanted something sweet for dessert and we walked a few shops away to Let's Joy Cafe for sweet treats. Oh. My. Gawd.  I don't have metabolic rate like a teenager anymore yo!









Snack attack:



When it comes to food, thank God I have very strong will power not to attack and indulge. My ultimate kryptonite however is durian. Thankfully the hubs' craze over durian has died down as he is more concerned of his health now.

About 3 hours later, we got ready for our next chow down session at VE Hotel And Residences @ Bangsar South.  It's been aeons since we last had a buffet dinner at a hotel.  The hubs and I realized that we could no longer dig like a pig like we used to 10-15 years ago. When Alycia and Sherilyn were still toddlers, we used to indulge in buffet lunches and dinners very regularly.  Using his hotel membership at the Sheraton group, we would enjoy buffets at different hotels every Saturday or Sunday without fail. Back then when there was a buy one free one deal from the hotel group, our toddlers ate for free while the two of us pigged out to our hearts' content.

Buka Puasa buffet dinner at VE Hotel And Residence @ Bangsar South:








Below : Bubur Lambuk. I can't even remember the last time I ate Bubur Lambuk, an iconic dish during Ramadhan.







My condition to Cass was to NOT indulge in sugary food, so she chose skewered green apples for the chocolate fountain.



When we got home after our hotel dinner, I smelled of roast lamb all over and had to have my 5th shower for the day!

No comments: